Christine Callahan is an attorney practicing family law and estate planning in Minnesota and Colorado. She is a member of both the Minnesota and Colorado Bar Associations. She is also a mediator, and offers Early Neutral Evaluations. Christine is the proud single parent of three sons and has been an active volunteer for the Chanhassen Athletic Association, the Breckenridge Outdoor Education Center, and is currently volunteering for the Friends of the Dillon Ranger District.
Christine helps clients find their peace, and their individual power, in the divorce process. Educating her clients is a priority. Clients who understand the law and how it impacts their case are better suited for making decisions for settlement, as well as decisions on whether to put specific issues in the hands of the court. As an experienced mediator, she recognizes the benefits of divorce mediation for families. But she also believes that finding peace does not mean becoming a doormat or letting a spouse take advantage during the divorce process. She has successfully handled many divorces involving high conflict people.
Christine is a Minnesota CLE Faculty Member and taught “How to Succeed in Mediation.” She also authored a feature article in Bench and Bar entitled “Eyes Wide Open; Optimizing Outcomes in Mediation” as well as an article in the attorney newsletter “Hearsay” entitled “How to Succeed at Your First Mediation.” She also taught a class at the Colorado Alternative Dispute Institute on the impact of implicit bias in mediation.
Education and Experience:
- Received her bachelor's degree in Secondary Education from the University of Wisconsin, Madison.
- Worked as an adult educator and lead teacher for the Hopkins Adult Education Program.
- Was a founding board member of Literacy Minnesota and promoted adult literacy and adult basic education across Minnesota.
- Graduated from the University of St. Thomas School of Law.
- Licensed Associate Real Estate Broker, Summit County, Colorado
Active Member in the Following Organizations:
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Colorado State Bar Association
- Family Law Section and ADR Section (MN and CO)
- Volunteer ranger for the Friends of the Dillon Ranger District
- Volunteer at the Breckenridge Outdoor Education Center, Breckenridge, Colorado
- Alumni associations for the University of Wisconsin and the University of St. Thomas School of Law
- Summit Association of Realtors
In addition to her work representing individual clients, Christine has served on several non-profit organization boards and has done extensive fund raising and grant writing. Christine is also a licensed realtor in Colorado. Christine’s passion is empowering others to succeed and find their power in every capacity.
Contact Christine Callahan with your questions about divorce, mediation, or other family law issues.